BSB (Bank-State-Branch) Number
is a six digits numerical codes used to identify an individual branch of a financial institution in Australia. BSB Number is used in Australian Paper Clearing System (APCS) and Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) payment systems. To make money transfer, the BSB Number is used together with the bank account number of the recipient.
For international inward money transfer, a SWIFT code must be used together with a BSB Number and Account Number.
The downside of international transfers with your bank
When you send or receive an international wire with your bank, you might lose money on a bad exchange rate and pay hidden fees as a result. That’s because the banks still use an old system to exchange money. We recommend you use TransferWise, which is usually much cheaper. With their smart technology:
- You get a great exchange rate and a low, upfront fee every time.
- You move your money as fast as the banks, and often faster – some currencies go through in minutes.
- Your money is protected with bank-level security.
- You join over 2 million customers who transfer in 47 currencies across 70 countries.
In APCS payment system, BSB and account numbers, are used to identify the account to be debited and are printed on the cheque. Mean while in BECS system, BSB and account numbers, are used when transferring funds via the Direct Entry System.
The Australian BSB Numbers consists of three parts in the format of
- The First two digits (XX) specify the parent financial institution.
- Third digit (Y) specifies the state where the branch is located.
- Fourth, fifth and sixth digits (ZZZ) specify the branch location.
Bankers Trust Australia in Sydney, NSW - BSB Number 262-770
Details information for Bankers Trust Australia (BT Portfolio Service Ltd-Super Wrap) in Sydney, NSW
* Note : P = Paper, E = Electronic, H = High Value
|Bankers Trust Australia (BT Portfolio Service Ltd-Super Wrap)
||BT Portfolio Service Ltd-Super Wrap
||Level 15 Chifley Tower 2 Chifley Sq
||New South Wales (NSW)
|Financial Institution Code